Friday, February 29, 2008

Back to Work

It is currently 5 am and I am at my first night of work. I honestly never knew that I would miss and worry about two people so much. Mark got to experience his first night as a mom and a wonderful one he makes. He has called every time she has woken, to calm down my anxiety, which thank heavens was only at 4am, well so far after going to bed at midnight. It is nights like these that I realize how fortunate I am to have Mark in my life. He is such a wonderful father there are not even words to explain how much more this makes me love him. I feel so blessed to have him and also Kensi in my life. Us three have had the most fun being home this past three months and it has been so hard facing reality and returning to work. But here I am!! Thanks to everyone for all the help that was given this last couple of months through meals and visits we have loved every bit. Thanks to grandma's who are the only ones okay with taking a crying child to give mom a break. Thanks to great friends who take me out to lunch to make me feel like a person again!(Thanks Natalie) Thanks to grandpa's who seem the best to get those smiles going in Kensi. And thanks to Jill who took the joy of being pregnant so I am reminded at how hard it is and don't want to get preganant right away again. I amd so fortunate and thank my father in heaven every day for the blessings in my life.

3 comments:

Matt, Nat, Hallie & Gracelyn said...

Oh ,how is it to be back. We will go out and be "normal" more often I really miss stuff like that I feel like we don't see each other now that school is out. Hang in there Mark will make the big buck someday.

Ashley and Nate said...

I totally sympathize. Don't worry, give it 2 weeks and it gets easier... (at least I stopped crying everytime I went to work). Here's to great night nurses and their great husbands/dads!

Jill said...

Oh, thanks alot. I actually turned a corner on tues. so there.
It feels like someone flipped a switch. 14 1/2 weeks lucky number.