Sunday, March 8, 2009

SHOUT OUT TO THE RN'S



I decided to do a shout out to all Registered Nurses. I am at work and it is currently 3am and I just well a while ago decided that we are an under appreciated profession. It seems like that just because you are a nurse that you are supposed to be nice and wonderful to everyone. Well I know maybe it is just me but I like to hear a THANKS every once in a while. I have worked 5 shifts this week and have I even seen my boss to even think about a thank you NO!!! So I am saying it to all the nurses out there you truly are wonderful people and you all deserve a huge THANKS for all that you do!!!!

I had a patient the other night that passed away while in my care and it was somewhat expected and the family seemed to be okay. but for some reason I had the hardest time. Here family is thanking me and everything and I am using all my might to choke back tears!!! it was then that I grew a new appreciation for the nurses that I work with many nurses were helping me that night and you could tell that a couple of nurses noticed that I was choking back, since nurses are trained to notice everything, and many nurses changed their affect and really appeared concerned that I was about to cry!!!! Man I love nurses I work with so many wonderful ones and I know that even though we have a crapy administration we always have each other. We have worked together through some bad times that only seem to be getting worse, and we still have such a great relationship I love it!!! Aight now those nurses that I work with that actually read this will probably mock me for the rest of my life but seeing how I'm leaving in a month you can just deal with being loved for a minute!!! Well again thanks to all the nurses who work with me, all my friends that are nurses and even all those who I don't know that are blogg hopping right now you are wonderful people who deserve much in all that you do!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess, you are probably one of the best nurses I know! If my family ended up in the hospital I would definitely want you taking care of them.
I just read about you moving. Any luck finding a home? We need to get together before you go! Any free days?

MALANS said...

I totally second Taya comment! You are the best nurse in the whole unit!! We are really going to miss you! I hope you have a bettter day than it sounds like your night went!!

Kaija said...

Hey you! Congrats and good luck on moving and finding a home...even though now I won't get to see you at those yearly BBQs that I have only attended once! I think you are so cool! And just like the others have said...you are surely an outstanding nurse. You taught me sooo much in nursing school! and were so patient with me too! So go YOU! i will never forget our swapping of scrubs incident at Davis-when I had on the bottoms and you had on the top...oh memories! Remember we hid in the utility closet to hide from Nancy!

Kaylene said...

Dear Jessica, RN

Thanks for your post...I totally agree, a little appreciation every once in a while would be awesome.
You're a great nurse and even better friend!

Ashley and Nate said...

Right on sista! It's those little moments every once in a blue moon that make all the hard shifts worth it. Love ya!

Lisa Sprague said...

It's so funny to hear some of the same comments coming out of Brady's mouth when he gets home. You nurses really do rock! You do all the work for not enough pay or appreciation. Thanks for what you do for everyone.

Bybee Family said...

Jess, I told Rich the other day that if I ever went to the icu I would want you to train me because you are a great nurse and easy to hang out with. but, you work nights,and your leaving. so for now I will just hangout on the otherside every now and then.

brooke said...

Jessica, I saw your blog from the vhs blog. Your little girl is so cute! How are you! I take it your a nurse. My sister is an RN and she is always saying the exact same thing! Im glad I got to see your cute little fam.
brooke lawson davis