Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mount Rushmore





We started our Trip in Vernal with Rachelle and Dave. It was delightful. The company was great and so was the food, not to mention the hospitality( Wonderful as always). We then continued on through Colorado. First stopping in Stemaboat Springs and on throught the la cache Poudre river. Not actually through the river, just close to it. We stayed the night in Cheyenne, nice accomadations. We ate at a place called litte Philly ( Sorry no picture, It was dark). The food was delicious. We then arrived the next day at our final destination; Mt. Rushmore. It was a pretty amazing sight to see. I enjoyed the skill it took to carve and shape the mountain. It was nice. We then turned for home stopping in Casper WY for the night. The showboat motel. Nice place as well. We had a short jount the next day to Martins Cove. We spent a couple of hours there taking in the pioneer trail and then moved on. Little America provided a nice last stop to eat and refuel. Delightful BBQ beef sandwich, old Little America recipe. Nice to be home. Nice to have time for a vacation. We will put some more pictures of the trip soon.

5 comments:

The Myers said...

I have never been to Mt. Rushmore. It looks so beautiful. I didn't know they added another face! That was a cute picture. Kensi is adorable. My husband wants to go there this summer. From the pictures you took, I guess I can't say no!

Matt, Nat, Hallie & Gracelyn said...

K so I am posting this until I have time to call you. Things have been so busy with me applying for my new job and Matt starting school again as well as trying to get all the yard work done. So to be honest I don't know if we can have kids. We have been off BC since Aug but really haven't been trying but not preventing either. I don't really care how we have kids I just want them someday.

Anonymous said...

I knew Mark quiting SkyWest wouldn't stop you from traveling! What a fun road trip! Yea! Loving the first pix with Kensi added to Mt. Rushmore. LOL! Call me. I need to start planning the BBQ!

Ashley and Nate said...

Look at you - little traveling family! We are flying to MT on Tues and I admit I'm scared to take Hannah...we'll see. How's work/mommyhood going? You all look fabulous!

Bybee Family said...

You have the funnest little family, you go everywhere. Kensi is such a cute little girl. I am glad you found us check back whenever.