Wednesday, June 10, 2009

So many Questions

So I tried to post some pictures but for some reason it is not working right now. Picture to come but they did not have anything to do with the post anyway!!!

Okay to all you mothers both stay at home and not! So kensi is the biggest rollercoster is this just an 18 month thing or is this going to last forever? or am I the only one who feels this way? There are days (well maybe I should go with moments) there are moments that Kensi is my best friend and I honestly am okay hanging out with her and only her. then those moments seem to flip into this monster. where she freaks out if she does not get here way throws these temper tantrums and makes me honesly feel like even if I wanted I could not have another kid. Mentally and physically too much to handle.

Then there are these moments where I'm the last person in the world that she wants and will not let me hold her if her life depended on it, then like on sunday took her to nursery which she has been struggling with in the new ward, got her occupied and snuck out. then two mothers could not get her to calm down so once they found me she immediatly stopped for the occational gasp of breath!!!

Speaking of nursery any tricks??? Mark and I have to switch so be able to have some sanity and go to parts of church. There is a possibility that one of us will be put in the nursey they only have one lady for 9 kids CRAZY but last week they had help from another couple and mark/me

Last but not least every once in a while she will still wake up in the middle of the night I don't know to bad dreams or whether she has marks bad guts and her stomach hurts but usually she frustrates me because she wont calm down and freaks out until she falls asleep then wont let you put her down, so you end up holding her 1/2 the night!!! but then there are nights like last night where I completely woke up when she did and we just sat together she honestly sat with me at 3-5 am and watched tv and drank some milk then slowly layed down and fell asleep on me and was easy to lay in bed. I'm sorry but I loved that!! Just sitting there with my daughter that cant tell me what is wrong and snuggling!! It was wonderful.

So as of now I think I might be able to handle one more but she has not woken up yet so I'll let you know!!!Sorry such a long post ! feel free to post your comments on what a bad mother I am that my child throws temper tantrums and says no!! or to tell me your methods of dealing with it. or the waking up thing of the nursery thing feel free for advice!

8 comments:

kristen said...

whoosh. I need a nap after reading that. You brave lady. i think you are a great mom because your baby is 18 months and you haven't traded her in yet or given her away all together. :) I consider it sometimes.
i look at all these moms that have two-three-twelve kids and think "why can i not handle just one-and mine is easy!" don't fret jess. i think you are great and kensi is so lucky1

Micaela said...

Jess,
Don't fret. They all go through phases. Her little world has been turned upside down.Brinlee Freaked out when we moved back to morgan. It seemed to affect her the most. It might take awhile, but she will calm down and get used to her new home and new routine. Keeping her bedtime routine The same as it was here will go a long ways, or creating a new routine and sticking with it night after night they always love the sense of security that brings to their little world. Love you and miss you, Mic

Lisa Sprague said...

It is TOTALLY the age thing! I think 18 months - 2 1/2 is a tough, tough age! They are just so frustrated not to get everything they want. My advice is to ignore as much of the tantruming as possible. You'll notice if you feed into the fits that it just makes it worse. Part of the problem has to be the move to Arizona in my opinion. Change is always hard on kids. I think you are a great mommy!

Unknown said...

hi jessie

Unknown said...

Jessie,O.K., I wrote this great comment earlier about Kensi and it would not let me enter, so Stacy is in town and she just helped me set up a google account so I could comment.........so.......what I said was that I could not figure out tantrums, because I had 6 kids and not one of them ever had a tantrum, especially my baby daughter who was perfect in every way...........the truth is that it is perfectly normal, all kids do it and you just have to wait about 20 years and you will forget anything bad they did and only remember the good stuff........ and know I can comment on everythin............I Love You Mom

The Myers said...

Sound like someone is in the terrible 2 stage!!! Not fun at all, but I hear it goes away! I am still waiting.... The best advice I ever got was "Don't get embarressed, all mothers understand and have been through it." But, if you do find the secret please let me know!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess! Hang in there kiddo. Yep, this is something every mom and "terrible two" goes through. (Did I ever tell you I thought terrible two meant the first two years of a child's life were terrible? Ha ha!) It is hard, but this is where we build our patience skills. A mantra I hung onto when my kids were little was "The days are long, but the years are short" So true! I know it's especially hard with no family around to help. Trust me, I know how ya feel!

Heather Brinkerhoff said...

hey guys! We just went though the nursery thing, and we tried to talk it up all week. We'd talk about the toys she played with, doing bubbles, snacks and sang some of the song they sing. It took maybe 4 weeks of tears, but now after anyone in sacrament says amen, she looks at us and says nursery! She's so excited to go and play. I'd say just talk it up and pretend like she loves it. It worked for us!